Wednesday, August 20, 2008

31 and a half weeks!


8.5 weeks to go! Scary!! I started having a little panic when I asked Nanna last week who her biggest baby was...Dad of course! I then remembered I was the biggest baby of our family too! These 2 facts, along with every second person telling me I look 'big', prompted me to ask the dr this week whether he thought our baby was going a big one..he assured me it seemed very average size...praise the Lord!!
Pete and i have started ante-natal classes at the hospital and yes, we have seen THE video! I had prepared myself for Pete to faint (he's not real good with the sight of blood) but he watched it all and wasn't even white at the end of it! Got to have a suck of the gas in last weeks class which made me a little woozy. Have decided I'm not going into the birth with any real set ideas about how I expect it to go and what I'm going to do. We'll just go with the flow!! (Although the more I hear about epidurals the more I don't want one but hey, if I can't take the pain, I can't take it!) We're learning lots of really good information...I'm just hoping it doesn't all fly out the window when the action starts happening!
We had a bit of a scare last week with a trip to the hospital. All is fine and baby is fighting fit. Got to see the birth suites which are pretty nice - not as sterile as I thought they would be. They have a big bath with pressure hoses to put on your back (like a spa which Pete can hop in too...although they do specify they prefer the husbands to wear togs!), fit balls, massage oils, cd player, lounge chair, tv and other stuff. Sounds like I'm gonna have a ball!! Ha!

I finish work in 2 and a half weeks..not that I'm counting or anything. I'm just doing short shifts now so I'm not on my feet all day. The cradle and cot are nearly finished being painted. Now we just have to figure out how to put them back together again! I'll put up a pic when the baby's room is finished.
A big thank you to Great Aunty Merryl for the beautiful crocheted booties!! Baby Cunningham's cold little feet can't wait to get into them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photo. It gives us aunties time to think about it all... I'm so glad we are passed that stage in life...sleepless nights, dirty nappoes etc....although I am looking forward to a few cuddles at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete